Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day


     Today was Mother's Day.  As I sat in the back of the chapel, I observed the different mother's with their children.
     There was warmth and love on their faces and love in their eyes as they gazed upon these precious children in their tender care, children sent to them from our Father above.
      I watched as one mother taught her child how to take the sacrament, while another's face glowed as she gently cradled her newborn in her arms.  Yet another quietly and patiently tried to calm her unhappy little one who had just bumped her head on the pew in front of her.  And who could not see their chests swell with pride, the love and tears and hugh smiles as their Primary child stood in front of the congregation to sing their sweet version of "Love is Spoken Here" to their mothers on this special day.

      My favorite was the mother who laughingly tried to crawl (kidding) under the pew to capture her fugitive 10 month old son who was fast making his escape to the back of the chapel via the "underpew railroad" and enjoying every minute of it.
      Life in Sacrament meeting is never filled with a dull moment when there are children.  I watched all these mothers, grandmothers, aunts, and young women as they interacted lovingly with these small children and my heart filled with so much love and the burning of the Spirit knowing that I am a mother one of the grandest callings of all.
     I love you mother and miss you.  Thank you for the example you always set for us; the example you continue to set every day even though you are gone.  I was truly blessed to have you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment