Thursday, March 29, 2012

Peace and Quiet


    Awww!  A few minutes of peace and quiet.  They won't last long, but I'm going to enjoy them while I can.
     It's time to pick up dear, sweet Penelope from school.  She is 5 years old with an infectious smile and oh, so beautiful.
     Anai  is her cousin who is the cutest little imp and full of mischief and has a smile that wrinkles her little nose and shows the most darling dimples.
     We can't leave out 18 month old Emileigh.  Adorable, cute, quite the character. She has big brown eyes that would melt even the hardest of hearts, a smile that lights up her face and the room.
     Beautiful, charming and adorable as they are, they are more than active.  They are lively, vigorous, energetic, full of life, on the go, full of zip, dynamic.  They make me tired just watching them.  If I had one sixteenth the energy they had I would be able to accomplish so much. I could bottle it and would make millions!  Oh, don't I wish.
     Well, my dear, sweet, loving husband took Anai AND Emileigh with him to pick up Penelope from school to give me a few minutes of peace and quiet. What a man!  This man has just made homemade pot pie for dinner (including the pie crust); has taken Penelope to school; has made lunch for 3 people; helped give the Emileigh her inhalation treatment (a chore in itself); still has to take our grandsons to scouts tonight and is all ready working on tomorrow's dinner and wants to make a homemade apple pie.   This wonderful man wants to give me a break.  Now you know why I love him so much.  He's the one who needs the few minutes of peace and quiet!
     This few minutes of peace and quiet gives me the time to write this post or read a new children's book or read a few scriptures or work a few minutes on my next book.  Maybe even get a 20 minute catnap.  There seems to be quite a bit you can do with 20-30 minutes when you have them.  The trick is getting them.  From what I have noticed following most of you, my Forever Friends, you don't always have a few minutes. 
Soooo...if you had 20 or 30 minutes of peace and quiet what would you do with them?
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you




2 comments:

  1. Twenty minutes, huh? I would love to completely zone out and think about nothing, but I would most likely be writing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20 minutes? I usually find myself on the computer. I started running Feb 1st, so sometimes I'll go for my "run." If I have a good hour though I take a quick nap!

    ReplyDelete