Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Sound of Love

The Sound of Love
A Passionate Hearts Novelette
J. Adams

Excerpt from the book:

With tears blinding my vision, I turn away, not missing Edith's triumphant expression, and run from the restaurant. I am unable to think of anything except escaping–escaping the pain, and escaping him. I should have known it was all too good to be true. Everything I thought I knew had been a lie. He doesn't really love me. I've only been a hobby, and it is Ashton he has wanted all along. What we've shared means nothing to him. That, more than anything, is ripping my heart apart.
I want to die, God! I just want to die. From somewhere in my mind, I hear Dylan's voice saying, “And death shall have no dominion.” I push the voice away. I don't want to hear his voice or think of him ever again.

<><><><><>

Twenty-seven year old Talisa is living the life of a modern day Cinderella. Her father has just died, she has just buried him, and her stepmother throws her out of her own home. She has a two wicked stepsisters, Edith and Ashton, that hate her and that she feels sorry for and a stepbrother, Thomas, she loves and adores.
Dylan Thomas, a ruggedly handsome poet, is suspicious of every woman he comes in contact with due to the infidelity of his ex-wife. He feels no different about Talisa even though he has heard much about her from his close friend Thomas.
Two people looking for the same thing - unconditional love and trust. Will they find it in each other? Will they be able to resolve the hurt that has been heaped on them over the past few months? Will Talisa find her Prince Charming and will Dylan his Cinderella?
I found this a very charming modern version of Cinderella. Cinderella has always been my favorite Walt Disney movie and Jewel has very easily made this my favorite modern version.
I recommend this novella to anyone who is looking for and enjoys a good clean romance with a little whimsy to it.

This book furnished for review at no compensation by J. Adams. Copyright © 2011 Jewel of the West
All Rights Reserved.

Jewel loves hearing from her fans, so if you would like to contact her to tell her how much you love her books or give her sympathy for the fried brain, or suggestions for the hair loss problem (for her husband, of course) contact her at
jewela40@gmail.com
Website: JewelAdams.com
Blog: jewelsbestgems.blogspot.com
Other books by J. Adams
Guardian of My Heart
The Legacy
The Wishing Hour
Tears of Heaven
Place in This World
The Journey
Against the Odds
Mercedes' Mountain
That Kind of Love Ebooks The Wishing Hour
The Legacy
Tears of Heaven
Place In This World: The Sequel to The Journey
The Journey
Mercedes' Mountain
For Love of Angel (PDF only)
Elise's Heart (PDF only)
The Shelter of His Arms
What the Heart Sees
Still His Woman-Against the Odds Novelette
That Kind of Love Children's Book Forbidden Portals: The Quicksilver Project

All Books Are Also Available in Kindle and Nook Versions (Elise's Heart and Mercedes' Mountain excluded

Still His Woman - An Against the Odds Novelette is available in Kindle format on Amazon! The paperback will be available in a couple of weeks:-)


3 comments:

  1. I love Cinderella stories! I can't wait to read this one! Thanks for posting this, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome, Mary! I'm glad you enjoyed the story:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review. Thanks.
    Anna del C.
    Author of "The Silent Warrior Trilogy"
    http://www.annadelc.com

    ReplyDelete