Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tiny Angel Hands


Tiny Angel Hands 

As my one year old granddaughter lays in my arms drinking her afternoon bottle and getting ready for her nap, she reaches up and lays her tiny, precious little hand against my face and gently pulls my head down to meet hers. I sigh a sigh of complete restful contentment and feel a love that is like no other.  It suddenly comes to me that this tiny, precious little hand gently pulling me close to her and the love I feel must be like the love Christ feels for us when we pull him close to us.  It was like being enfolded in the warmth of his loving arms; of feeling the peace and safety that comes when we lay our burdens at His feet and allow Him to carry us.  The words from a hymn "Where Can I Turn for Peace" come to mind:

Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One. 

Where is that quiet hand? Who can understand?  How can we feel that complete, restful contentment and a love that is like no other?  By turning to Christ in our times of joy, happiness, trials and tribulations. What better feeling than a tiny precious little hand pulling you close.        

2 comments:

  1. I love your post! Grandchildren are awesome:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post!! As a grandmother, I adore my grandkids. I'd do anything for them. I love them soooo much. And I do believe this is what our Heavenly Father feels for us as well.

    ReplyDelete