Tuesday, October 18, 2011

ENDURE TO THE END

April and Regan


ENDURING TO THE END
“Wherefore, if ye shall be obedient to the commandments, and endure to the end, ye shall be saved at the last day. And thus it is” (1 Ne. 22:31).
“Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days” (D&C 24:8).
     As I was reading my Facebook comments tonight from one of my younger sisters, she had read my blog on mt grandchildren.    I was surprised and more than happy to find out that she was reading my blog.  She has a one year old granddaughter of her own and can I say what a cutie she is.  No bias here just because she's my great-niece.
     I suddenly realized that I had a comment from my sister-in-law.  I don't hear from her very often.  She had apparently read my blog and was letting me know about her granddaughter.  Her little granddaughter has been through quite a bit in the last few months and for somone who is so young. 
     Her mother who is in her very early 30's has just completed chemotherapy and radiation therapy for breast cancer, has sponsored her own team for a cancer walk even though she was not feeling up to it, and just a few weeks ago lost her husband in an automobile accident.  Now she has begun a series of CT scans on her abdomen.  Through it all she has remained cheerful,  happy and very positive.  I watch in awe and wonder at this young woman and all that she has endured and all that she will continue to endure. 
     I was reading a blog on a website called My LDS Life and there was a blog on enduring to the end.  Here is a small excerpt from this blog:

     I propose to you that ‘enduring to the end’ not only means being faithful members of God’s church to the end, but it also means enduring our trials to the end – even if they never go away. Even though some trials don’t go away, we have the opportunity to show our God how well we love Him under every circumstance we encounter.
     It is here where we can focus on strengthening our relationship with God, and then we’ll be able to see how the negatives of our trials can be made into positives. God will show us. It may not be immediate, but the day will come.


Dad, April, Mom
     I believe that my niece has set the example of enduring to the end in the most positive way possible not only to her children, but to those around her as she continues to serve to the best of her ability and strengthens them with her positive attitude as she lives life to it's fullest.    She has a wonderful relationship with her Heavenly Father and this is in part due to her mother and father (my brother) who have been wonderful examples. terrific parents and grandparents. 
     This young woman, my niece, has become a heroine to me, the wind beneath my wings, a magnificent example of enduring to the end.        

1 comment: