Wednesday, September 21, 2011

EMERINE-FAIRY PRINCE



Emerine's Nightmare
 by
Anna del C. Dye


Excerpt from the book:

In the early dawn, while a dense fog covers the light that should have brightened the new day, I, Emerine, sit at the edge of a quiet pond. Engulfed in the wet blanket of air that threatens to suffocate me, my mind focuses on how everything has changed from just a few days ago.
It’s been two weeks since we left our home nestled at the edge of the forest. Only three days have passed since the tragic death of my father. That was just the beginning of my nightmare…because no matter how hard I think about it, there isn’t a reason the shadows should chase me…except that it’s all a really bad dream. One from which I’ll wake up at any moment.
<><><><><>
This is a fantasy for children in the 4th-8th grade.  My 9 year old grandson is in the 4th grade and one of his assignments is to read 20 minutes every day.  We have been reading "Emmerine-Fairy Prince" together.  He really likes it.  The story has shown us how Emmerine has learned about how good versus evil and about the consequences that follow with the different choices that we make.  He also learns about unconditional love.  He learns about what real love between a mother and father is.  One of my favorite passages in this story is:


The light? What can light do, Father?”
“It brings warmth and also dispels the darkness that wants to take over.”

There is a children's song I love that also fits this that I love called "Teach Me to Walk in the Light".  The first verse is

 Teach me to walk in the light of his love;
Teach me to pray to my Father above;
Teach me to know of the things that are right;
Teach me, teach me to walk in the light.
Text and music: Clara W. McMaster, 1904–1997. © 1958 IRI


I loved this little book and recommend it to all children.  I would also recommend that parents read this with their children to get the most of the meaning that has been written into this wonderful book.

This book provided for my review at no compensation by Anna del C. Dye

Other books by Anna del C. Dye

The Elf and the Princess
 Book One
Trouble in the Elf City
 Book Two
Elfs in a Conquered Realm
 Book Three
Curse of the Elfs


Anna's books are available her website, at Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble and e-books

Anna's Blog:
annadelc.com/blog/Emerine's Nightmare

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Mary. Thanks so much for your help.
    Anna del C.
    Author of "The Silent Warrior Trilogy"
    http://www.annadelc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this sounds like a great story. Glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete