Thursday, July 21, 2011

CAT FIGHT

Cat fight is a term for an altercation between two women, typically involving scratching, slapping, hair-pulling, and shirt-shredding as opposed to punching or wrestling (although this isn't always the case).

Today was my first.  Your first what you might ask.  The first time I saw a "cat fight"  between a 3 year old and a 9 month old.  Yes, I mean it.  There I was, sitting on the couch as the girls played on the floor near the front door.  "The parking lot" we call it because that's where all the big toys are parked...the baby strollers(2), the grocery cart, the toy cleaning cart which includes the most annoying vacuum cleaner, the push car - anything on wheels.  Our 3 year old, Anai. had just finished watching Calliou on the Sprout Jr. channel and the subject was big brothers/sisters helping take care of little brothers/sisters.  Calliou decides he wants to be a baby again like his sister Rosie so mom obliges him and treats him like a baby all morning.  So all morning he pretended he was a baby until nap time.  At nap time, he didn't think he wanted to be a baby anymore.  Naps were for babies and he was after all 4 and he wasn't a baby.   Well, Anai our 3 year old decided she wanted to be a baby after seeing this episode and was sitting in her sister's car seat which had been placed by the front door and Emileigh didn't much care for that- the car seat was hers.  She tried to get in her car seat as well.  Any other time she would be screaming her lungs out because she hates the car seat.  The next thing I heard was Anai screaming at the top of her little lungs ("little"  is a mild understatement) and as I look over,  here are my two little angels(I use the term loosely at the moment) with one holding her cheek screeching "she bit me" as she reaches out and scratches her sister on the face and the fun begins.  I have two sweet, loving  babies, my haloed angels actually rolling on the floor in what can only be described as a "cat fight".   Now mind you, this really isn't supposed to be funny, but  my husband who is separating them is laughing so hard while trying to scold them, that it was difficult for me to keep from laughing.   I remember my sister and I fighting once like this, but I was 18 and she was 17 and it was the day before my senior pictures.  I got my glasses broken, 2 weeks grounding and a visit to a vision center trying to find a frame my lenses would fit in. Wouldn't you know the only frame they had were cat eyes.   My sister received 3 weeks grounding for starting the fight in the first place.  What do you do with a 3 year old and a 9 month old?  Ground them?  I don't think so.  I can tell you however, that life in this household is never dull.  You just never know what's around the next corner. 

2 comments:

  1. How funny! I hope they both apologized later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tale, Mary. Lol

    Anna del C.
    Author of "The Silent Warrior Trilogy"
    http://www.annadelc.com

    ReplyDelete