Friday, June 24, 2011

My World is in the Sky

"My World is in the Sky" 
MY WORLD IS IN THE SKY
As I sat watching my 3 year old granddaughter playing the other day, she suddenly ran up to me and threw her arms around me and said, “Ganma, my world is in the sky”.  It quite took me by surprise.  Coming from a 3 year old what does that mean to her?  She is still close to her Heavenly Father.  Does it have something to do with her sweet spirit still having such a close relationship with Him or was it said in a moment of joyful playing?   I have had some time to think about it from my own perspective. “My world is in the sky” to me means the trials and tribulations that Heavenly Father gives me to help me grow spiritually.  Just when I think I am one step ahead of my trials, He gives me a new trial that sets me back two steps.  It can be frustrating, but I do know that He will not give me anything He doesn’t think I can't handle.  It not only tests my faith but helps my testimony to grow and causes me to develop a closer relationship with Him.  “My world is in the sky” means all the blessings I have been given.  The family that loves and supports me in all that I do; the daughter who has been rebaptized; the husband who has been granted reinstatement for rebaptism; the wonderful grandchildren that I have; the terrific son-in-law who is working so hard for his right to be in this country; for daughters who have served honorable missions; for the callings I have in the church; for the freedom to worship the true and living God; for the atonement of Jesus Christ; for the miracle of forgiveness; for the ability to be a celestial family;  for being able to serve others; for a testimony of the only true church on the face of the earth today; for a living prophet on the earth today who walks and talks with God.  Also for simple things like being able to read a bedtime story to my granddaughter, to sing her a song (her favorite is Book of Mormon Stories) or the Bird song (In the Leafy Treetops).  For having her sleep in my bed when she is scared at night.  For playing paddy cake with my 8 month old granddaughter, watching her crawl or spin on the floor, standing by herself for the first time. Talking with my 15 year old grandson about how computers work (not really my forte).  For being able to read, walk, or just live each day to its fullest.  “My world is in the sky”….my mansion above when the time is right and I hear my Savior say, “Well done thou good and faithful daughter”.
What does “My world is in the sky” mean to you?          

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love grandkids? These little spirits can teach us so much:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your post! I agree with you on every aspect. We all need to learn to live our lives to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete