Friday, February 25, 2011

THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES-THE SEEING STONE

by
Tony DiTerlizzi & Holly Black

Jared and Mallory Grace find themselves in a world of goblins and various other mystical creatures as they search for their missing brother Simon.  Will they find him before the goblins use him in their feasting ritual?  Can they combat the creatures they come up against? 

This is one of the best children's science fiction fantasies books I have read.  I especially love the illustrations.  They are so well done.  There are times when you wonder where the parents are and then voila, they turn up.  It is a delightful read and I know that my grandsons will both enjoy it.  I recommend it to everyone.  I can't wait to read the next one in this series, "Lucinda's Secret".     

No comments:

Post a Comment