Friday, January 28, 2011

Tears of Heaven


by Jewel Adams
 Heaven Gunderson, a young Swedish woman by heritage, who was abandoned by her father before she was born and by her mother who never really wanted her thirteen years later.  She was fortunate to find her way into the home of the Copeland family who raised and loved her as if she were one of their own.  Then she met Ross Townsend every girl's dream, every girl's but hers.  He soon became her nightmare...jealous, physically and mentally abusive, a walking time bomb.  How could she get out of this relationship?  How could she keep the one thing she still had left that was hers to keep?  Leave was the only answer.  Leave she did.  To her Swedish grandparents where she meets Sergei Petrenko, an older retired Russian hockey player who teaches her what true love and tenderness really are.  But can he protect her from the obsessed and pocessive Ross Townsend?
The description of the home Sergei lives in reminds me of the home I used to live in  when I was in France.  The french windows I grew to love and have in my own home today.  The beautiful gardens and gazebos I played in as a child.  The description of the small village, the bakery that Heather's grandparents owned reminded me of the one I used to go to for my mother brought back the wonderful smells of warm bread being baked.  I was even able to envision the open air markets we used to go to every Saturday as a family and if we were good getting a french ice cream on the way home.

I loved this book and I loved the way Jewel has allowed Heather to remain faithful to herself and what she believes in.  I recommend this book to everyone.

2 comments:

  1. This is definitely on my 'to be read' list!

    ~Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed it:-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete